The Child Care Resource Center has a Professional Development Team which provides programs with opportunities to increase quality and face the challenges of child care. The Professional Development team is made up of experts in the field of child development ready to train and provide technical assistance to early child care professionals in research based best practices. The team consists of Infant Toddler Specialist, Early Childhood Specialists, Behavioral Consultants, a Quality Improvement Specialist, and the TRAILS Teams. This team is lead by the Professional Development Team Supervisor, Cathy Knox.
To seek training or assistance with onsite challenges, please use the Training Request Form or the Technical Assistance Form and submit them to Cathy Knox by email or by mailing them to the Child Care Resource Center, 2000 Main Street, Suite 100, Wheeling, WV 26003. All requests must go through the Professional Development Team Supervisor.
- Infant Toddler Specialists
- Early Childhood Specialists
- Behavioral Consultants
- Quality Improvement Specialist
- Traveling Resource and Information Library Service (TRAILS)
- TRAILS Library
- WV Clearance for Access: Registry & Employment Screening is administered by the Department of Health & Human Resources and the WV State Police Criminal Investigation Bureau (CIB) in consultation with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the Department of Justice (DOJ), and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
- The program uses web-based technologies to provide employers a single portal for checking state and national abuse registries and the state and national sex offender registries. The web-based system also provides employers access to Nurse Aide Registries for all 50 states and professional licensure registries where available.
- The web-based system provides an efficient and effective means for an employer to check an applicant’s status prior to paying the cost of a criminal history background check.
- Through fingerprinting, this program provides a comprehensive criminal history records search of national and state criminal history records that was not available under the previous reliance on name-based records searches.
- The program relies on new technology to monitor criminal histories and alert officials when a subsequent change in criminal history occurs (i.e., rap back).
- A monitored criminal history record means the cost of re-fingerprinting is not required for employees who change employers in this industry (or apply for work at more than one employer) within the timeframe of a valid background check.
- Information about the WV Tiered Reimbursement Program along with Tiered Reimbursement Application for Centers, Facilities and Homes can be found by visiting the WV DHHR Website.
- Marcyjo Evans, our Child Care Resource Center’s Quality Improvement Specialist (QIS) is happy to help guide you through the application process.
- A tiered reimbursement system offers higher subsidy payments to programs that demonstrate they meet higher standards of care. Programs may apply for Tier II or Tier III reimbursement rates if specific higher quality standards are met.
Training and Technical Assistance Requests
- Training and Technical Assistance requests can be made by using the forms below or by contacting Cathy Knox, the Professional Development Team Supervisor. She can be reached via email or by calling the Wheeling Office at 1-800-585-1603.
- Health and Safety Grant (Registered In-home and Facilities only)
- Quality Enhancement Grant (QEG) (Available to all child care programs that have a PSA with the Child Care Resource Center serving Hancock, Brooke, Ohio, Marshal, Wetzel, Tyler, Monongalia and Marion Counties.)
- The QEG is only offered in the late spring/early summer timeframe and requires an application process. Programs that have a current Provider Services Agreement (PSA) with the Child Care Resource Center and are in good standing with the CCRC are eligible. This grant is only offered when funding is available and will be announced via the CCRC Facebook page. Deadlines for submission will be provided as well as instructions and expectations
- Application and forms, when the grant is open for applications, will be posted here for easy access to providers.
- Providers are responsible for submitting all requested documentation at their own cost (copies of documents, printed application, and documentation that supports your request such as photos of the space.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.