If you are interested in becoming a child care provider, we at the Child Care Resource Center can help! Let’s ask a few questions to see if you fit the criteria for running a high quality, safe and educational child care program within your home, facility or center.
- Do you enjoy working with children and their families?
- Do you have a high energy level?
- Do you pay attention to what children are doing?
- Do you have good communication skills?
- Do you want to learn more about a child’s development?
- Are you willing to be trained in CPR and First Aid?
- Are you able to provide safe and nutritious meals and snacks for children?
- Are you willing to complete required attendance sheets and payment forms to submit on a monthly basis?
If you said yes to all of these questions, then you just might be the perfect candidate to provide child care services to children!
Currently, during the Pandemic, all programs, whether already established or new to caring for children, must register as a critical child care site. Below are the forms and description of steps you will need to take to start the process of watching children. We recommend going through the PowerPoint slide show first to see what is involved in becoming a registered child care provider in our great state of West Virginia. Then review each document. If you would like to discuss anything within the PowerPoint slide show, you can call our office and we can set up a time to chat. Please read the welcome letter to determine whom you should contact first based on your county of residence.