Child Care TRAILS
Traveling Resource and Information
for West Virginia's Child Care Providers
Child Care TRAILS is a mobile resource program designed to improve the quality
and availability of child care through existing Child Care Resource and
Referral Agencies. This outreach program allows for the provision of on-site
technical assistance and distribution of resources in order to:
- Recruit new providers through participation at community events, mentor
TANF recipients who choose child care as work, and encourage informal providers
to expand services.
- Improve the quality of care by providing on-site assistance, modeling
developmentally appropriate practice, and mentoring for the Child Care
- Encourage inclusive child care by loaning assisting technology.
General Program Guidelines
- Child Care TRAILS will be operated by the resource and referral agencies
in each of the 6 Child Care Service Delivery Areas (SDA)
- Each R&R will have one equipped van, Mountainheart North and Mountainheart
South, where 2 vans are needed due to the size of the area to be covered
- All vans will look alike and have the same basic fittings, with the
program logo prominently displayed . Each R&R logo as well as program
sponsor logos may also be displayed.
- Each van will be staffed by two people. One must be an early childhood
specialist, and be certified as a trainer through the West Virginia Early
Care and Education Professional Development System. The second staff person
will provide assistance to the trainer.
|The Child Care Resource Center, sponsored by Catholic
Charities WVa, is a separate entity from the
West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (Department).
The Department has not control over the daily operations of the Child
Care Resource Center, nor is it liable for the actions of the Child
Care Resource Center. This program is being presented with financial
assistance as a grant from the West Virginia Department of Health
and Human Resources.